Tickets for the general public are on sale today for Salt Lake Comic Con, taking place on September 24-26, 2015; Producers bringing in guests from Doctor Who, The Vampire Diaries, Power Rangers, The Walking Dead and Mystery Science Theater 3000
SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Salt Lake Comic Con (http://saltlakecomiccon.com/) announced initial guests, new features and put tickets on sale for its third annual Salt Lake Comic Con. The record-breaking event takes place September 24-26, 2015 at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Salt Lake Comic Con is an epic pop culture and comic convention that brings cosplay, comics, art, sci-fi, anime, fantasy, film and TV, and their associated celebrities, creators and professionals to meet and celebrate with their fans.
“With such amazing and dedicated fans we are building one of the most popular comic cons in North America. Each event gets more spectacular and we are committed to delivering unique, once-in-a-lifetime memories.”
The first guest announcements include:
- Ian Somerhalder is best known for playing Boone Carlyle in the TV drama Lost and Damon Salvatore in The CW’s supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries.
- Alex Kingston is an English actress, best known for her roles as Dr. Elizabeth Corday on the NBC drama ER and as River Song in the BBC series Doctor Who.
- Scott Wilson has more than 50 film credits and starred in AMC's zombie series The Walking Dead, as Hershel, the Greene family patriarch.
- Austin St. John is best known for his role as Jason Lee Scott, the Red Power Ranger, in the first iteration of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- Joel Hodgson is best known for creating Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) and starring in it as Joel Robinson.
- Jim Butcher is a New York Times best-selling author who is best known for his contemporary fantasy book series The Dresden Files and has written 15 novels set in the Dresden Files universe.
- Terry Brooks is a fantasy writer best known for crafting the expansive Shannara series. He has written 23 New York Times best-sellers and has over 21 million copies of his books in print.
“We love our fans and want to reward them for their early support,” said Dan Farr, Salt Lake Comic Con Founder and Show Producer. “With such amazing and dedicated fans we are building one of the most popular comic cons in North America. Each event gets more spectacular and we are committed to delivering unique, once-in-a-lifetime memories.”
Tickets are discounted by 15% until the end of April. A three-day Multipass that retails at $60 will be available for $51 through the end of April 2015.
“Salt Lake Comic Con 2015 will be the biggest and most epic convention yet,” said Bryan Brandenburg, Salt Lake Comic Con Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer. “Today’s guest announcements are the tip of the iceberg with over 200 more to follow. But the real depth of this event is the myriad of features, cosplayers, parties, panels and entertainment that will engage and captivate our fans for three solid days.”
The 2015 Salt Lake Comic Con continues to build and improve features, including:
- Best Guest Lineup Ever. Past event successes allows Salt Lake Comic Con to bring in an unprecedented caliber of celebrities.
- Panel Programming. Film and TV stars, authors, voice actors and pop culture experts will hit the stage with over 200 hours of panel programming. There will be hands on workshops and seminars and the famous Ultimate Xperience will return.
- Spectacular Cosplay. Look for lots of cosplay attractions, including a lavishly choreographed Cosplay Contest, special events and hands-on workshops to learn the latest cosplay techniques.
- Super Comic Creator Lineup. Some of the best comic creators will be attending Salt Lake Comic Con. There are many new artists coming this year bringing exciting fan art and merchandise.
- Celebrity Photo Ops. Don’t miss the chance to have your photo taken with your favorite celebrity by a professional photographer!
- Celebrity Autographs. You’ll be able to meet your favorite star and get a photograph, book or item autographed.
- Superhero 5K Run. The 2015 Superhero Run 5K will be held on September 26, 2015. Proceeds will benefit the construction of the new Specialty Hospital of Utah (formerly South Davis Community Hospital). http://saltlakecomiccon.com/superhero-5k-run/
- Comic Con Features. Worlds collide! When trolls, cosplay groups, time machines, imperial legions and cool cars come together, you have the Features at Salt Lake Comic Con!
- Expanded Kid Con. Kid Con was hugely popular, and this con will include even more activities and features for children.
- Tumbleweeds Film Festival. Salt Lake Comic Con is sponsoring Utah Film Center’s children’s film festival taking place September 25-27.
- Best-Selling Authors. Many best-selling authors will attend the convention this year. They’ll participate in panels, meet fans and sign their books in Author Avenue on the convention floor.
- Expanded Entertainment. Salt Lake Comic Con has also assembled talented entertainers for what are becoming shows within the show.
Salt Lake Comic Con has broken multiple records, including:
- The largest first year comic con in North American history.
- The three most attended conventions ever in the state of Utah.
- Among the top four attended comic cons in the U.S.
- The largest comic con in North America per capita.
- The most popular comic con Facebook page in the world and one of the top two most popular Facebook pages of any kind in Utah.
To buy tickets to September’s Salt Lake Comic Con, go to the Salt Lake Comic Con website. For sponsorships and booths, click here.
ABOUT SALT LAKE COMIC CON:
Salt Lake Comic Con is organized by Dan Farr Productions and is an event and marketing group devoted to organizing events, launching and acquiring new shows, and partnering with premium celebrities and brands in the pop culture arena. DFP is dedicated to producing spectacular celebrations of popular culture that lead the market in providing exceptional and rewarding experiences for our fans, guests, vendors and partners. Find out more at: www.SaltLakeComicCon.com
Post a Comment