Universal to Assume Oversight of Operations
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following the closing of NBCUniversal’s acquisition of DreamWorks Animation (DWA) yesterday, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group today announced its new structure and senior management team for DWA business segments.
“As we integrate its operations into Universal Filmed Entertainment, we are confident the first-class team we’ve put in place to lead various segments will build on that great tradition of success across film, television and related businesses.”
“The DreamWorks Animation brand brings with it a cachet that few family entertainment companies can match,” commented Ron Meyer, Vice Chairman, NBCUniversal, Jeff Shell, Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Pictures. “As we integrate its operations into Universal Filmed Entertainment, we are confident the first-class team we’ve put in place to lead various segments will build on that great tradition of success across film, television and related businesses.”
The structure and leadership for business segments going forward:
- The DreamWorks feature animation group will be added to Universal’s portfolio of film labels and production partners and will be run by Co-Presidents of Feature Animation, Bonnie Arnold and Mireille Soria, under the leadership of Universal Pictures Chairman, Donna Langley.
- Margie Cohn, Head of Animation TV, will lead the integrated DreamWorks and Universal television animation business, reporting to Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman, Jeff Shell.
- NBCUniversal Brand Development President, Vince Klaseus, will lead the combined Universal and DreamWorks Animation games, digital and consumer products organization, reporting to Shell.
- Corporate functions as well as marketing and distribution will be fully aligned with the NBCUniversal structure.
- Former DreamWorks Animation CEO, Jeffrey Katzenberg, will become Chairman of DreamWorks new media, which will oversee NBCU’s ownership stakes in Awesomeness TV and NOVA. DreamWorks Animation President, Ann Daly, will step down from her post and will serve as an advisor during the transition.
About Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures is a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.