Each production company will have two-year deals with the distributor
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN) – Amazon Studios announced that it has struck exclusive first-look deals with Bona Fide Productions, Killer Films and Le Grisbi Productions. Albert Berger and Ron Yerxa’s Bona Fide Productions and Christine Vachon and Pamela Koffler’s Killer Films will each have an exclusive first-look deal in both film and television for two years. John Lesher’s Le Grisbi Productions will have an exclusive first-look deal for indie-sized films for two years.
Currently, Amazon Studios is working alongside Bona Fide Productions on Marc Webb’s The Only Living Boy in New York, starring Jeff Bridges, Callum Turner and Kate Beckinsale and Killer Films on Wonderstruck, the latest film from Academy Award-nominated director Todd Haynes, starring Julianne Moore. Wonderstruck will screen in competition at the upcoming 70th annual Cannes Film Festival. Both The Only Living Boy in New York and Wonderstruck are slated for release in 2017.
“Bona Fide Productions, Killer Films and Le Grisbi Productions each have a long history of making critically acclaimed and award-winning films with accomplished filmmakers,” said Roy Price, Head of Amazon Studios. “We’re proud to be working with each of them and excited about our future creative collaborations.”
Bona Fide Productions has produced award-winning films such as Little Miss Sunshine, Little Children and Nebraska. Killer Films is the company behind award-winning titles Still Alice, Carol, Wiener-Dog, a film Amazon Studios purchased at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival, and the Amazon Original Series “Z: The Beginning of Everything.” John Lesher’s Le Grisbi is currently in post-production on Scott Cooper’s Hostiles, starring Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike, and production on White Boy Rick, which is being directed by Yann Demange and starring Matthew McConaughey. Previously, Le Grisbi has produced Fury, Black Mass, End of Watch and Birdman, which won the Oscar for Best Picture at the 2014 Academy Awards.
About Amazon Studios
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series. First announced in January 2015, Amazon Original Movies in an initiative by Amazon Studios to produce and acquire original movies for theatrical release and early window distribution exclusively for Prime members. Like Amazon Original Series, Amazon Original Movies focuses on unique stories, voices and character from top and up-and-coming creators. In 2015 Amazon Studios released its first film, Chi-raq, from critically acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee. Chi-raq is now available for Prime members to stream exclusively. James Gray’s The Lost City of Z is currently in theaters. Up next, Amazon Studios will release Doug Liman’s The Wall on May 12th, Amir Bar-Lev’s Long Strange Trip on May 26th and Michael Showalter’s The Big Sick on June 23rd.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV, and more, available to Amazon Prime members in the US as add-ons to their membership. To view the full list of available channels, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Customers can instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on compatible TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalog with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.