From the Creator of Dino Dan and Dino Dan: Trek’s Adventures, Comes the Next Chapter of Dinosaur Adventures in the Emmy Award-Winning Franchise
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)— Amazon announced its brand-new Amazon Original Kids Series, "Dino Dana," is scheduled to premiere on Friday, May 26, 2017 on Prime Video in the US and UK. A follow-up to the 2015 Emmy award-winning series Dino Dan: Trek’s Adventures, Dino Dana is a preschool program that takes viewers on a whole new level of dinosaur encounters. Combining live-action with CGI animation, the series features 11 new prehistoric creatures and, for the first time, two sisters. After a chance encounter with Trek and his Dino Field Guide, Dana (Michela Luci), a “paleontologist in training,” begins to see dinosaurs all around her, leading to plenty of action and adventure. Every episode shares interesting dinosaur facts and applies them to kid-relatable experiences. Created by J.J. Johnson (Dino Dan, Annedroids), the series is executive produced by Sinking Ship partners Johnson, Blair Powers and Christin Simms with animation executive produced by Matthew J.R. Bishop.
“We’re thrilled to be collaborating yet again with the very talented team at Sinking Ship on Dino Dana”
“We’re thrilled to be collaborating yet again with the very talented team at Sinking Ship on Dino Dana,” said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “We look forward to introducing this playfully imaginative and substantive kids show to our Prime Video customers in the US and UK.”
“Dino Dana continues our mission of presenting our audience with a range of dynamic female lead characters,” says J.J. Johnson, Partner and Executive Producer at Sinking Ship Entertainment. “Perpetual thanks to our collaborators at Amazon who continually encourage us to push boundaries and tell stories that will resonate with all kids.”
Dino Dana will be part of Prime Video’s growing line-up of award-winning and critically-acclaimed Originals for kids and families which already includes Sinking Ship Entertainment’s Emmy-nominated series Annedroids and Bookaboo. Prime members will be able to stream the series using the Amazon Prime Video app for compatible TVs, connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/kidsoriginals, at no additional cost to their membership. Members can also download select titles to mobile devices for offline viewing. Dino Dana will also be available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you-can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids. FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices, including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition. Eligible customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike – the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Customers can instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on compatible TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalog with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Post a Comment