The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 88th Academy Awards® has been narrowed to 10 films, of which five will earn Oscar® nominations.
Voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 74 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- “Body Team 12,” RYOT Films and Vulcan Productions
- “Chau, beyond the Lines,” Cynasty Films
- “Claude Lanzmann: Spectres of the Shoah,” Jet Black Iris America
- “50 Feet from Syria,” Spin Film
- “A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness,” SOC Films
- “Last Day of Freedom,” Living Condition
- “Minerita,” Kanaki Films
- “My Enemy, My Brother,” Fathom Film Group
- “Starting Point,” Munk Studio – Polish Filmmakers Association
- “The Testimony,” Atria Film in association with Escape Artists
The 88th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 14, 2016, at 5:30 a.m. PT at the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
The 88th Oscars® will be held on Sunday, February 28, 2016, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.