Brand-new children’s series will become available exclusively on Prime Video
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced it has ordered two new Amazon Original Kids Series, Pete the Cat, based on the award-winning book series, and Costume Quest, from the popular video games. Amazon’s new children’s series come from talented creators, including Jeff “Swampy” Marsh (Phineas and Ferb), Will McRobb (The Adventures of Pete & Pete) and Frederator Studios’ Fred Seibert (The Fairly OddParents). Both series will be available exclusively for Prime members and will debut next year.
“The creative talent behind Pete the Cat and Costume Quest have a sensibility and pedigree that will resonate well with our customers”
“The creative talent behind Pete the Cat and Costume Quest have a sensibility and pedigree that will resonate well with our customers,” said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “We are thrilled to be working with such innovative and visionary thinkers in the business.”
Amazon Original Kids Series are available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership—Prime members can also download titles to mobile devices for offline viewing. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream. Amazon Original Kids Series are also available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you-can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids. FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices, including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition.
Based on the award-winning book series by illustrator/creator and consulting producer James Dean, Pete the Cat is an animated kids series that has been ordered straight-to-series for 14 episodes. The show follows Pete the Cat, the coolest cat ever and his groovy guide to life—from rockin’ out with his guitar to riding a skateboard. The series is a co-production with Alcon Television Group and will be developed by Jeff “Swampy” Marsh (Phineas and Ferb) and Appian Way production company. Harper Collins has published more than 34 Pete the Cat books, which have been translated into 13 languages and received 18 literacy awards, including the Theodore Geisel Seuss Award. Slated to voice as Pete’s parents are musical luminaries Elvis Costello and Diana Krall. Marsh is slated to executive produce along with Alcon’s Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, and Laura Lancaster, as well as Appian Way’s Jennifer Davisson. Alcon’s Ben Roberts is slated to produce, with Appian Way’s Nathaniel Posey slated to co-produce.
Based on the smash video game series by Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts, Broken Age) and the world originally created by Tasha Sounart, Costume Quest is a funny and mysterious animated series aimed at six to 11-year-olds. The show stars four kids facing off against the dark forces lurking in the shadows of their sleepy town of Auburn Pines. To overcome obstacles and achieve their goals, they must learn to unlock and master the magical powers of supernormal costumes—with each costume comes a new set of transformations and powers. The series is executive produced by Will McRobb (The Adventures of Pete & Pete) who also serves as story editor, as well as Frederator Studios’ Fred Seibert (The Fairly OddParents), Kevin Kolde (Adventure Time) and Eric Homan (Adventure Time). Costume Quest is produced at Frederator Studios, a WOW! Unlimited Media company.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV, and more, available to Amazon Prime members in the US as add-ons to their membership. To view the full list of available channels, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Customers can instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on compatible TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalog with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.