All nine episodes of the original dramatic series—starring Matt Bomer, Kelsey Grammer and Lily Collins, and executive produced by Academy Award nominee Billy Ray and Christopher Keyser—will be available globally on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon announced its new original one hour series The Last Tycoon, starring Golden Globe winner Matt Bomer (White Collar, The Normal Heart), multi-Golden Globe and Emmy winner Kelsey Grammer (Frasier, Boss) and Lily Collins (The Blind Side, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones), will premiere on Friday, July 28, 2017, exclusively on Prime Video.
From F. Scott Fitzgerald’s last work, which celebrated its 75th anniversary last year, The Last Tycoon—inspired by the life of legendary film mogul Irving Thalberg—follows Hollywood’s Golden Boy, Monroe Stahr (Bomer), as he battles father figure and boss Pat Brady (Grammer) for the soul of their studio. In a world darkened by the Great Depression and the growing international influence of Hitler’s Germany, The Last Tycoon illuminates the passions, violence, and towering ambition of 1930s Hollywood. Customers can watch the pilot episode online at Amazon.com/The-Last-Tycoon before the full season’s remaining eight episodes air on July 28. The show will be available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
“It’s thrilling to watch F. Scott Fitzgerald’s extraordinary work brought to life through the eyes of Billy and Chris, and this incredible cast”
A co-production with TriStar Television, The Last Tycoon also stars Rosemarie DeWitt (La La Land) as Rose Brady, Dominique McElligott (House of Cards) as Kathleen Moore, Enzo Cilenti (The Martian) as Aubrey Hackett, Mark O’Brien (Arrival) as Max Miner, and Koen De Bouw (Professor T.) as Tomas Szep. Guest stars include Jennifer Beals (Taken) as Margo Taft, Saul Rubinek (Unforgiven) as Louis B. Mayer, and Eion Bailey (Once Upon a Time) as Clint Frost. Academy Award nominee Billy Ray (Captain Phillips, The Hunger Games) writes and directs multiple episodes and the series is executive produced by Ray, Christopher Keyser (Tyrant, Party of Five), who serve as showrunners, Joshua D. Maurer (Rubicon), Alixandre Witlin (Georgia O’Keeffe), David A. Stern (Rosemary’s Baby) and Scott Hornbacher (Mad Men). Noted Pulitzer-winning Fitzgerald scholar A. Scott Berg serves as consulting producer with Perri Kipperman (Billions) serving as co-executive producer. The series is made possible by an array of behind-the-scenes artists, including Academy Award-winning production designer Patrizia von Brandenstein (Amadeus), Emmy-winning costume designer Janie Bryant (Mad Men), Emmy-nominated Director of Photography Danny Moder (The Normal Heart), and Academy Award-winning composer Mychael Danna (Life of Pi).
“It’s thrilling to watch F. Scott Fitzgerald’s extraordinary work brought to life through the eyes of Billy and Chris, and this incredible cast,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy, Drama and VR, Amazon Studios. “This great team has created a stunning portrayal of 1930s Hollywood. We’re excited to share the series with Prime members this summer.”
Prime members will be able to stream The Last Tycoon exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership.
The Last Tycoon was part of Amazon’s pilot season last year, a unique development process that gives all customers an opportunity to stream and review pilots in order to help choose the next Amazon Original Series that are then made available to Prime members. Below are what customers have said about the pilot:
- “A beautifully rendered, intelligent portrait of Hollywood in the 1930s, and exploration of the fascinating world of Irving Thalberg. For admirers of all that, and Fitzgerald’s book—not to mention those who think ‘they don’t make them like they used to’–this show is a must-see.”
- “An excellent drama with killer fashion and set design.”
- “The overall quality and feel of the show is fantastic. The storyline quickly engages the viewer, pulling them into the world of Brady American Studios and 1930s Hollywood. All of the different elements meld together to bring a show that is a true masterpiece.”
- “This has Emmy written all over it. Lots of times. Acting, directing, writing, sets & costumes; this thing has it all and we can believe the question about whether it gets produced isn't really a question at all.”
The entire first season of The Last Tycoon will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/The-Last-Tycoon, with other Amazon Original Series online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Eligible customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV, and more, available to Amazon Prime members in the US as add-ons to their membership. To view the full list of available channels, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Customers can instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on compatible TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalog with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Post a Comment