The second season is scheduled to premiere in 2017 exclusively on Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan
Created by Emmy Award nominated comedian Tig Notaro and Diablo Cody, the first season received rave reviews including Rolling Stone calling it “a brilliant series” and Entertainment Weekly dubbing the show a “must watch”
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon Studios today announced One Mississippi, the critically acclaimed comedy, has been greenlit for a second season. Starring Emmy Award nominated comedian Tig Notaro (Transparent), created by Notaro and Diablo Cody (Young Adult), with Kate Robin (Six Feet Under) serving as Showrunner, One Mississippi follows Tig’s return to her hometown in Mississippi when her mother passes away unexpectedly. As she copes with the tragedy and deals with events from her past, the series becomes a poignant and surprisingly humorous exploration of family. The second season of One Mississippi is scheduled to premiere in 2017 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan for Amazon Prime members to watch as part of their Prime membership via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals.
“one of the best new shows of the year”
“Making a show as comic and tragic as One Mississippi is a risk. Pulling it off with such intelligence and nuance is rare,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy and Drama, Amazon Studios. “We’re grateful for the audience response and we’re excited to bring them more of Tig and Kate’s brilliance in season two.”
The first season of One Mississippi received wide critical acclaim including Variety calling it “one of the best new shows of the year” and The Hollywood Reporter dubbing the series “comedic modern art.” The New York Times touted the show as “tender, occasionally funny, often moving entertainment about the grieving process” and the Los Angeles Times said the content is “hilarious, tragic and exquisitely human.” Entertainment Weekly pronounced the show “brave and honest…finding humor in the saddest of circumstances” while The Week described it as “intelligently lyrical.”
One Mississippi stars creator Notaro, Noah Harpster (Transparent), John Rothman (Law & Order), and Stephanie Allynne (Comedy Bang! Bang!). Notaro, Cody, Robin, M. Blair Breard (Better Things), Dave Becky (Master of None), and Louis C.K. (Louie) will be Executive Producers for season two.
The entire first season of One Mississippi can be viewed on Prime Video: https://www.amazon.com/onemississippi. One Mississippi is part of Prime Video’s line-up of award-winning and critically acclaimed Original Series and Movies—to see more originals available exclusively for Prime members visit www.amazon.com/originals.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First, and more. To sign up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.