SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon announced it has greenlit season two of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan ahead of its global series debut set for August 31, 2018 on Prime Video. Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, from Paramount Television and Skydance Television, is a reinvention with a modern sensibility of the famed and lauded Tom Clancy hero played by John Krasinski (A Quiet Place, 13 Hours). The creators of the series, Executive Producers Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel) and Graham Roland (Fringe, Prison Break), will continue to serve as Co-Showrunners. Additionally, Krasinski, who also serves as an Executive Producer, will be reunited with Wendell Pierce (The Wire) who will reprise his role as James Greer in the eight-episode second season.
“The new season will take our unexpected hero to a new, exciting and dangerous world.”
In season two, Jack Ryan confronts the forces in power in a dangerous, declining democratic regime in South America. The second season commences production this summer in Europe, South America and the United States.
After Amazon’s Super Bowl ads, Amazon saw a more than 400% increase in Prime members placing Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on their watchlist.
“With so much early anticipation for Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan from our customers and personally having the pleasure to preview the exhilarating, action-packed first season, we are excited to greenlight a second season of the series months ahead of its debut,” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. “The new season will take our unexpected hero to a new, exciting and dangerous world.”
“We’re thrilled that the first season has generated so much enthusiasm,” stated Cuse. “We couldn’t be happier to be working with Amazon and to be filming very near the Amazon to tell the next great Jack Ryan adventure.”
“From day one we only had one actor on our casting board for this series – John Krasinski,” said Amy Powell, President of Paramount Television. “We are so excited that he is our Jack Ryan and we get to make another season with this incredibly talented team. We have been blown away by what our whole team has delivered for season one and we can’t wait for everyone to see it this summer.”
The show is produced by Paramount Television, Cuse’s Genre Arts, Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes and David Ellison’s Skydance Television. Executive producing along with Cuse, Roland and Krasinski are Platinum Dune’s Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller. Additionally, Lindsey Springer, Mace Neufeld, Vince Calandra, Andrew Bernstein and Skydance’s Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross will also executive produce the second season with Allyson Seeger serving as a co-executive producer.
Prime members will be able to stream Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at http://www.amazon.com/originals. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership.
The first season of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan will be globally released on August 31 and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Prime Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 100+ channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, CBS All Access, Cinemax, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and Apple TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.