Direct-to-Series show slated to star Rosa Salazar (Alita: Battle Angel) and is expected to premiere in 2019 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in over 200 countries and territories, exclusively for Prime Members
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon Studios announced it has greenlit Undone—a direct-to-series animated show co-created by Raphael Bob-Waksberg (BoJack Horseman) and recent Writers Guild Award winner Kate Purdy (BoJack Horseman). The series is in pre-production and expected to premiere in 2019 on Prime Video in over 200 countries and territories exclusively for Prime Members.
“We are grateful to Amazon Studios for the opportunity to tell Alma’s story and follow her as she seeks to find a deeper meaning to her existence”
Undone is a half-hour animated dramedy that explores the elastic nature of reality through its central character, Alma, slated to be played by Rosa Salazar (Alita: Battle Angel). After getting into a near fatal car accident, Alma discovers she has a new relationship with time and uses this ability to find out the truth about her father’s death. Also slated to join the cast is Angelique Cabral (Life in Pieces) as Alma’s younger sister.
Undone will be produced by Michael Eisner’s Tornante Company with Noel Bright (BoJack Horseman), Steven A. Cohen (BoJack Horseman), and Tommy Pallotta (A Scanner Darkly) executive producing along with Bob-Waksberg and Purdy. Critically-acclaimed Dutch artist Hisko Hulsing (Montage of Heck) will oversee the production design and direct a team of animators working in the Netherlands. The animation will be done with Dutch co-producer and Amsterdam-based studio Submarine, and Austin-based studio Minnow Mountain.
“We’re delighted to greenlight our first animated half-hour series,” said Sharon Yguado, Head of Scripted Series, Amazon Studios. “Kate and Raphael are dynamic and creative forces, and I know they will create an amazing series for us. I can’t wait for our customers to see it in 2019.”
“We are grateful to Amazon Studios for the opportunity to tell Alma’s story and follow her as she seeks to find a deeper meaning to her existence,” said Purdy. Bob-Waksberg added, “Hisko’s beautiful artwork and masterful use of light and color will create a look never seen before on a television show that will make audiences lose their minds.”
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Prime Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Prime Original series like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Tick, and kids series Tumble Leaf, Amazon Original Movies such as Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Live Sports: Sporting events, including AVP volleyball and ATP tennis, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Over 140 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and Apple TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About The Tornante Company
Founded in 2005 by Michael Eisner, the Tornante Company is a privately held company that invests in, acquires and operates companies in media and entertainment.